Hair Oils Vs Hair Masks: Which Is Better For Your Hair?
There is no alternative to a nutritious diet to cure issues affecting hair from the inside. But maintaining a weekly haircare routine is equally necessary. Your hair requires an added dose of love to survive the several harmful elements at play. And the list of hair foes is pretty long and strong. It involves pollution, UV rays, moisture, severe heat and cold, and many more. Luckily, hot oil treatments using traditional hair oils and deep conditioning hair masks have always rescued us. But knowing which age-old homemade hair remedy is better for you is often confusing. In fact, hair oils vs hair masks have been a long-going debate and come with divided opinions. Let’s do some digging and try to find the ideal solution.
How Do Hair Oils Technique Differ From That of Hair Masks?
The best way to bring out the full potential of hair oils is to heat them. It helps oils to penetrate deep inside the roots and nourish your hair. The usage of hair masks, on the other hand, does not include any form of heating. In the hair oils vs hair masks argument, the other point separating the two methods is the ingredients list. Hair masks contain diverse nutrient-rich components. In contrast, hot oil treatment is all about hair oils. You can use one kind or blend a few varieties to form an efficient mixture.
Hot Oil Treatment
Hot oil treatments involve applying potent hair oils to your hair. You need to warm the oil and then massage gently on your head. It stimulates proper blood circulation and evenly supplies nutrients to every hair follicle, resulting in healthy strong hair. Heating the oil ensures better absorption.
- The oil goes beyond the scalp’s surface. That makes the roots strong enough to resist harsh substances.
- It treats hygral fatigue which helps you prevent hair breakage.
- Hot oil treatment reduces split ends and promotes the growth of thick hair.
- Your dry locks get the proper dosage of moisture to get back their shine.
- The oils lubricate hair and assist in keeping your frizzy hair under control.
How to Hot Oil to Treat Your Hair?
It’s necessary to get the steps right for maximum benefits. Here’s what you can do:
- Choose a virgin hair oil that suits your hair type. Coconut oil is tailor-made for dry dehydrated hair. While those with oily scalps can go for lightweight oils like olive and almond.
- Heat the oil (not steaming hot).
- Use gentle circular motions to massage the scalp. Do not miss the hair lengths, especially the ends. Also, refrain from using too much oil.
- For long hair, make a bun and wrap a warm cotton cloth around it. If your hair is too short, just keep it as it is.
- Stay for 2-3 hours or overnight before hitting the shower.
Deep Conditioning Hair Masks
Deep-conditioning hair masks offer the perfect food for your tresses. They are packed with nutrients especially protein that is essential for hair health. They turn the repair mode on and rejuvenate your locks.
- Hair masks hydrate your hair and make the texture smoother and softer.
- Your hair reflects light and enjoys a shiny attractive look.
- Deep conditioning allows you to detangle and manage unruly frizzy locks.
- Applying nutritious hair masks keeps pH levels balanced.
How To Deep Condition Your Hair With Hair Masks?
Preparing a good hair mask involves choosing the right set of ingredients. The safest names include eggs, avocados, oats, bananas, and coconut oils. Once you are done making the paste, it’s time to apply.
- Wash your hair.
- Then section the tresses and apply the mask. After finishing each segment, tie them with clips to keep them in place.
- Do not apply the masks on the roots. Concentrate on the hair body and ends only.
- You may expose the locks to steam for 20 minutes to ensure better absorption. If not, just let it stay for half an hour.
- Rinse your hair with cold water.
SEE ALSO: Best Tinted Moisturizers For Mature Skin
Hair Oils Vs Hair Masks – What Is The Best Method For Healthy Hair?
To be honest, hair oils and hair masks both have their distinct strengths. Oils make your hair strong, and healthy and promote growth. While deep conditioning masks focus more on moistening and making hair glow. Hence, there is no conclusive winner in the hair oils vs hair masks debate.
It’s best to make the pick as per your immediate hair concerns. But if you desire to gain a complete long-term package of healthy, shiny, gorgeous hair, incorporate both methods into your hair regime. Give those locks a weekly hot oil love, then marinate them with a nutritious hair mask. The combined treatment can gift you thick, luscious hair worthy of envying. In the meantime, try to maintain a healthy diet and stay away from hair colors for a while. Also use a hair-friendly mild shampoo free of parabens, sulfates, and other chemicals.
Hope that gives you some relief from the hair oils vs hair masks confusion going through your mind.